Friday 4 June 2010

Do You Remember?

Do you remember....

The times we used to do silly things to amuse our silly minds. The ridiculous and unimaginable, just because we could, for no other reason than to make us smile for the briefest moment now and then a million times more when you think back to it.

The times that all we had to ask was "Drink?" and the immediate aftermath involved a pub, a chippy tea and a few assorted measures of alcohol. The random conversations about nothing important, the words were useless but their meaning undeniable.

The times we used to take unplanned trips to regular places just so we could find the fun. When we found the utterly stupid so disastrously funny, funny to the point we cried. The races, the inside jokes that not even we usually got, the companionship that we didn't want to admit through fear of showing we were companionable people.

Do you remember Edgar? What all those people were actually looking at? Craig's eyebrows? Having to walk Kris to his front door because he was so inebriated he couldn't find the door handle to the taxi? The day out at the Museum "because it was free"? The late night chinese, the stolen drinks, the silly nicknames.

These things are what make me laugh, even two years on. It's been that long since the summer of 2008, The summer I realised that there was more to life than feeling sorry for myself. The summer I realised I am who I am because of you.

Two things have defined who I am. That summer was the first thing, and I will never forget that.

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment