Saturday 18 July 2009

My Machine Like Head

Yesterday I went to sign on, I went a little bit too early and bought myself a copy of Kerrang. I knew this would be a mistake as soon as I saw Frank Carter's ugly mug on the front cover, although that isn't my qualm.

I read that Machine Head have pulled out of the Sonisphere festival at Knebworth, due to the fact that Limp Bizkit have been added and Machine have been pushed down the bill to accommodate the Nu-Metal "Behemoths". Robb Flynn said he was "Furious beyond words", and I don't blame him one bit, Machine Head are infinitely more popular and are far better musicians than Fred Durst and his posse of fucktards. Limp Bizkit have been put third behind Metallica and Nine Inch Nails on the Sunday, pushing the metal giants to fourth and a nonsensical decision by the festival organisers given the fact that Machine Head have been constantly at the top of their game for a very long time whilst Limp Bizkit have been on and off again since their inception back in '95. Yes, I understand that Limp Bizkit have made some very popular songs, but they were only popular between '99-02 during the reign of Nu-Metal, every album since Chocolate Starfish has been dire, whilst Machine Head have gone from strength to strength.

I know this may seem like a pretty pathetic rant, but Limp Bizkit annoy the hell out of me. They have been under the radar for 5 years and this year they jump back into the game stating "they were more disgusted and bored with the state of heavy popular music than with each other" and piss all over the fact that Machine Head have worked their arse off to get where they are (The Blackening being one of the best Metal albums ever created IMO). They turned down Download (who had them billed above Limp Bizkit) so they could fully commit to the Knebworth festival. As yet, Durst has kept quiet about things, but I can garuntee that the loudmouth from Jacksonville will have something to say about things.

That's my rant for today, cricket time.

Love 'n' Stuff

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment