Tuesday 12 May 2009

My Stupid Passion

I promised myself that I would update this as regularly as possible, So I had to apologise to myself that I havn't updated this in a while. I have been "busy", I mean those inverted commas, when I say busy what I actually mean is Getting up --> Looking for a job --> Giving up because there is f*ck all --> Going to bed.

I want my laptop to be fixed, so I can start my WoW passion again, no matter how hard I try to give the bloody thing up it sucks me back in. I don't know what it is, the sinking into a different world, the hours of questing just to get a helm and enough gold for an epic mount or maybe its just the naked raids or beating the crap out of n00bs in deadmines. The game keeps dragging me back, each time I end up in a new server and a new guild and end up meeting some truly fantastic people.

I hate people who say the game is anti-social. I can't see how it is, the game has 11 million subscribers, and the whole point of the game is to interact with other players to complete goals and achievements. You build guilds and have raiding groups, it is a co-operative game! How is that anti-social, you are talking to lots of different people from all around Europe, just because you are not going outside for a few hours doesn't mean that you are being anti-social.

I think the main reason I want to go back on it, is because I am obsessed with fantasy worlds and characters. I think it stems back to being a child and pretending to be a knight in shining armour, defending the lives of damsels in distress by hacking down invisible dragons with a plastic sword. Loosing myself in a different world, creating a character that is so unbelievably over the top and fighting for the good of what ever race you decide to be.

That's torn it, as soon as my laptop is fixed I will be all over World of Warcraft like a rash. I am going to be Horde this time, because I have always been Alliance and Taurens just look like they are so much fun to play. I am thinking something that doesn't wield a weapon so a mage/shaman/druid would be good fun.

I am excited already....

Love 'n' Stuff

Ash

1 comment: