Wednesday 3 March 2010

My Rough Day.

I got sacked today.

Probably not the best way to start a blog, although I could of started it worse. I have three months to live, for example. I don't, for the record. although I might, I don't have a say in it really.

not the best start to the day, getting told over the phone as well. It's not nice. When people don't have it in them to tell me to my face, I can't help escape the feeling that I wasn't worth telling. Like I was some afterthought in the great scheme of things "The monthly figures look good. I fancy coffee. Would anyone object to eating at Subway? Oh, and we need to sack Ashley. Pass me the phone someone, I need to make this quick they only serve breakfast until 10:30."

Okay, so I may have hated the job but I would of liked to have ended it on my terms. Not get told that "I'm not good enough" and get told to piss off basically. Ugh, just the way he spoke to me makes my skin crawl. Like I was some figure, some cog in a pathetic corporate machine that is easily replaced. Condescending doesn't even begin to describe it. People with a God complex need to take a step back an re-evaluate life.

Needless to say, it made me feel worthless. I mean, come on, this is me. I take every little thing to heart, being told I'm not good just makes my self confidence plummet so far the G-force makes my face look like it's made of plasticine. I guess it's a punishment for complaining in my blog last night.

It's probably a good thing. I mean I am out of a job that I hated, I get to move back down south which is going to make things between Clazz and me so much easier. It's better to be an hour down the road than 250 odd miles away from her. She has been my saving grace recently so the prospect of seeing her far more often just makes life seem so much better.

Tonight is my last night in Manchester. I am going to miss work people, they helped me through the 8 hour shift of doom and made me laugh so hard. You don't get many people like that in the world, and it's going to be sad to leave them behind. Especially seeing as I can't say goodbye properly. I just hope they know that I will miss them.

Going to enjoy London tomorrow. Enjoy my time with some amazing people and watch some amazing live music. Then come Saturday I'll be, officially, a southerner again.

Love 'n' Stuff

Ash

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment